Thursday, August 14, 2008

School Days

So, Caleb has been in school for a week now and loves it. I have gotten used to him not being here and am adjusting pretty well. I think we have much better quality time than before he went to school. Maddie Claire and I are having lots of girl time. I love being able to sit with her and play with her babies or just snuggle and give her that one on one time. Also, my house is staying cleaner because I only have one child here during the day to mess it up. I guess I am learning to adjust. I don't know what I will do when Maddie Claire starts K5 in 2012.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Yes, we do find ways to adjust to having our children out of the house for a while. *snicker*

The week before school we were in full "get school supplies sorted, schedules worked, dr. visits, etc." mode. Our house got a tad, or A LOT, messy. My oldest said, "If it looks like this now, what will it be like when we start school?!" I said,"No one will be here to mess it up - it will be clean!"

I'm glad you are off to a good start with your school adjustment!

Jamie said...

I'm STILL trying to get things back in order from summer fun! I can't wait to tackle a few projects without little ones under my feet!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the first week went well for you and for Caleb...and I know Madeleine is LOVING it! :) I am really having some guilt trips about Olivia not getting the one-on-one time that Grant got. I know I was able to work with him on animals, and speech a lot more by this age than I have her! Being a Mama is not for sissies! And, I am sure God will give you grace (and something important to do!) to fill your time in 2012!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are going well! I know Maddie is having a great time, but I bet she gets excited when Caleb comes home each afternoon!
Madi had her first day at MDO today, and she seemed to like it!