Friday, August 8, 2008

Letting Go!

It is the hardest thing letting go of my little boy. I know the cutting of the apron strings starts with this first little adventure. I am not ready. I am not ready for his innocense to be taken. I am not ready for somebody else to be with him more than me. I am not ready to be replaced by friends. I am not ready to let him go. Watching him take these first steps into independence is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I still want him to need and want me. I don't want to watch him stretch his wings out and step out of the nest. I don't know if my heart can handle it. The loneliness for him is overwhelming. I miss my little boy. I thought I would enjoy the quiet it would bring but the quiet is louder than a marching band. It doesn't help that Maddie Claire goes around calling for Bubba. We are both a little lost without him. I know the Heavenly Father can help me with this feeling of lost. I love my little boy so much and because I do I will start letting go no matter how much this momma's heart hurts doing it.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm sorry you are having a rough time...please know that I will be praying for you!

I can speak from experience, but I hear it will get easier and the new milestones will just continue to be just as exciting as when he was a little bitty boy.

You'll just have to be the COOL mom, so all the other kids will want to come over to your house and then you can keep your eyes on everything! ;-)

Andrea said...

It should say I "CAN'T speak from experience"
sorry!

Carry Grace said...

Oh, I wish I could give you a hug! Hang in there, I know it is tough, but it will get easier, at least I hope so anyway! I'm not ready for Cade to go to school yet either, but I 've got a little more time.

Distybug said...

I know it's hard, but it will get better. Maybe it's a sign from God that you should send him to ECCS!

Jamie said...

Girl, you know there is always room for you and your kids!! We would be lost without you!

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Do I dare throw the ugly word "homeschool" out there?

It's not the "be all that ends all", but it you ever start to seriously consider it, you've got some friends who can help.

NOT saying that you should...just wanted to mention it.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so hard! I'll be praying for you. I've never had to go past lunch until they are in 7th grade---that is a LONG time to be apart! You and Maddie can have some fun girl time!

Anonymous said...

I cried when Reagan went to Kindergarten, and I'm already teary-eyed over Mac being in 4k this year! I'm sure he'll love school, and I'll pray for you!