Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pageant and Prom Days!

Okay, here are some good and bad pics of me growing up. Don't know why I'm showing this but I guess I like people laughing at me. HA! HA! Here I am at age 5 in the Little Miss Mississippi pageant. I remember this pageant for 3 different reasons. 1. My Memaw made me a porcelain bunny with a cottonball tail. I loved that thing. 2. Me, my mom and memaw went to Jackson, MS and got a hotel room and I thought that was cool. 3. One of the little girls was playing on the escalator bare footed and got her toe cut off. It was not a pretty sight. For some reason I like this photo even though it is a little Jon Benet Ramsayish!



Onto an embarassing photo. This is what happens when you are 15, just moved from Texas and let your mom and aunt do your hair in a southern Alabama pageant... or you stick your finger in an electrical outlet. Either scenario will produce pictures like this one or the next. This was not a good year for me as you will see in the next photo.



Later that year I was going to prom with a friend. Yes, my hair really is that big. It is not a shadow of my hair it is all me. Why do I look so pasty white? No, I did not look in the mirror at my hair... I had food poisoning. I ended up puking my brains out 897 times. I almost missed Senior leadout. I guess he won't forget his senior prom. Just to let all you know this was the last time I ever wore pantyhose. My toes will never be restricted again by those hateful things.



Here is a much better picture. I grew up a little and found my voice. You know the one that says no to huge hair. I was a junior here and going to prom. I always liked this dress. Maybe because I was at my skinniest. This dress was a size 2 and I had to have it taken up. Sick isn't it?



Here is my senior pageant picture. This dress was my absolute favorite pageant dress. I felt so fancy in it. My favorite part was the 5 inch heels. If I tried to walk in those now I would break my neck. After all these years in flip flops my feet would laugh at me if I tried to pull a stunt like that.

Hope ya'll enjoyed seeing me while I was young and skinny. Do you have any good or embarassing photos you want to share?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are gorgeous! Gotta love the hair! Those were the days when we put about a gallon of hair spray in our hair.

Anonymous said...

WOW! You look awesome! Hair and all! It's incredible the things we were able to achieve with our hair back then, LOL.

Distybug said...

I love the flowers on the column next to you!

That IS a great dress too!

Anonymous said...

WOW girl...what great pic..gorgeous! The hair just means you were IN in it's time :) Thanks for sharing...I probably won't be :)

Anonymous said...

I love all that hair!!! You look great. i remember the size 2 days myself! It has been a LONG time!! I still dream of returning to my old body---but my mouth just keeps on eating those oreos and Krispy Kremes!

Anonymous said...

First of all, I've never been a size two, so I'll just stay jealous. :)
The big hair is awesome! Can we say, "Steel Magnolias"?

Andrea said...

Oh...I am pretty sure my hair was twice as big as yours!!!

I bet the pageant days were fun. Do you have any funny titles.
My good friend in college was the "Dairy Queen" from Kentwood, Louisiana.

wendy's world said...

I don't think I've ever been a size 2! You look incredible. LOVE the big hair...takes me back to my own prom days (which you will never see!)