I got inspired by Kim and Penny to write a lymerick. Having not written one before it took a while. I had so much fun I am having Lymerick time in my head, a scary place to be sometimes. I even got my manly hubbie trying his hardest to reach down and embrace his sensitive side, he's writing them too. Here are the ones I came up with!
The kids they are waiting for snow
Their faces they are all aglow
Snowballs and snowmen
It is fun to pretend
Can't wait to see smiles start to grow
I am a mommy of four
Each day I love them all more
Because of the "men"
And their stinkin' sin
My sanity walked out the door
Diapers and bottles are life
I am a simple housewife
Laundry and dishes
Not my own wishes
Give me a life filled with strife
Why is it I can think of a ton pity party lymericks, but the jolly ones are hard to write. I really do love my life I promise.
Here are a few of my manly hubbies newly found sensitive side lymericks:
I like to write lymericks tonight
They give me a source of delight
Tomorrow they don't
Just 'cause I won't
Take the time to make them right
She won't let me do it my way
Her way is MUCH better she'll say
So I give in
To this clucking hen
And pray one day I'll have my way
Okay, maybe sensitive is not the right word to use, but at least it kept us busy for awhile. Maybe we'll have lymerick time every week. Probably not but it has been fun.
That's all she wrote!
3 comments:
Way to exercise those brain muscles!! They were too cute!
Great job! It's so much fun, isn't it??!!
Loved Scott's hen one...too funny :) But you're such a good, sweet wife to him...I know it was just totally for fun!!
Post a Comment