Thursday, August 7, 2008

Caleb starts KINDERGARTEN!





UPDATE!!!

Caleb's first day of school was "fantastic"! He said all they did was read a story, sing a song and play. To him that would be perfect. The funny thing was he came home with most of his lunch still in his bag. When I asked what he ate he said pizza. Apparently he wanted to eat in the cafeteria and asked his teacher for money to get pizza. I put money in his bag to repay her this morning. He had a smiley face on his daily report and I was very happy. He has developed a love for gab from his momma and I was so afraid he would spend most of his time in trouble for talking. I loved seeing his face so happy when I picked him up.

Caleb getting in the car after the first day!



Caleb ready to head out the door!
Mommy getting the first of many hugs!
Caleb outside the school! The foyer by the library!
Caleb at Mrs. Williamson's door(do you see his name)!
Caleb's desk!

Caleb at his desk looking at his classmates!

Reading Center!


Book Station(this class has over 1000 books)!



Okay, so I just dropped my little boy off with strangers and am trusting them to take care of him all day. Can you tell I'm not doing well with this? This morning I seriously thought about homeschooling. Caleb was a little nervous but very excited. Thankfully he knew how to get to his class and which was the correct class. I was worried because tomorrow he HAS to go to carpool. If I had my way I would walk him in everyday. Probably why they made the rule you can only walk in the first day. I didn't cry (hard) until I left his classroom. I wanted to pretend I was brave and strong for him. I guess it worked because he was fine as I told him I was leaving. I know he will have a great day. I just can't believe my baby boy is growing up so fast. I'll post when he gets home and let you know how his day was. Mine will not be so good until 2:45!



7 comments:

Andrea said...

Awesome 1st day pics!
How many other mom were there taking pics? Did y'all all have a good ole cry in the parking lot.
I was tearing up just reading it...
I can't imagine!

Can't wait to hear about his day!(and yours)

Caroline said...

Awww...he looked so big!
It looks like he will have a great time.

Anonymous said...

Oh..girl. I cannot imagine. Such a big day for both of you! I was actually thinking about you yesterday when I was at my aunt's house and she was heading out to prepare her room to teach 1st grade. I know Caleb will have a great day...I will pray for you as you miss him!

Anonymous said...

He looks so cute and excited! It is always us moms that have the most difficult time! I am dreading the 25th when my baby will head off to school I am trying to build myself up now because Amy is soooo excited! Can't wait to hear how it went! He did great in sunday school this past week!!!

Stacey said...

Darn it. My parental controls are so tight I can't view your pics, but I know they are precious.

It looked like a TV news crew was stationed at our bus stop this morning - there were a couple of kindergarteners with excited anxious parents wielding cameras.

Poor things, the buses were held at the school for a while because of the thunderstorm and by the time they got home one of the boys was BOO HOOING.

I hope your little one's first day was a great one!

Carry Grace said...

What a big boy, he looks so cute and excited!

Andrea said...

I just read the update and it dawned on me that you and caleb were both in orange.
Nice touch!!

I am so glad he had a great day!