Monday, April 21, 2008

Bloggy Carnival

**UPDATED** Sorry, This Giveaway is Closed! Thank you for visiting my blog. Please feel free to stay and look around. The winner will be announced in the next post.

Welcome to my blog. This is my first Bloggy Carnival . I am giving away a pillowcase dress I made last year. It will fit 6 months - 18 months. While it is not perfect it is the first thing I ever sewed. It does not fit my daughter anymore, so I decided to give it away here. It is a vintage 1939 pillowcase. It has a crocheted hem that is a pretty pink. This is open to bloggers and non bloggers. US and Canada only. Shipping is free. I will keep it open until 10:00 pm Friday. I will pick a winner and announce the winner either Friday night or Saturday morning. You have 3 days to contact me or I will pick another winner. To enter tell me your favorite comfort food and why! Good Luck!

79 comments:

jenny said...

well i love to enter your give a way to try to win a verry pretty dress like this for my little one and so here it go's here is my fav comfort food a to why it just makes me happy and thats icecream any time i feel down i just go and get a big blow of it and well after a bit i for get what the matter was lol thinks for leting me enter your give away jenny9675309@yahoo.com

Sky said...

Wow!!! It's so pretty! My daughter is almost 8 months, so I think it would fit. I love, love, love the fact that it's vintage. So beautiful!

C'mon over and enter my giveaway!

Kristen said...

It's beautiful and I think my toddler would look great in it!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous dress!

My favorite comfort food is mac & cheese...makes me think of my grandmother's house.

gwaters
watersgirl6179@yahoo.com

Barb said...

How precious. A friend is expecting a little girl and what a lovely surprise it would be for her. I love vintage.

Barb

Anonymous said...

What a truly unique dress. Just lovely. My favorite comfort food is country fried steak and gravy. No reason except that it tastes so good.
traymona[at]aol[dot]com

Andrea said...

Oh girl...you must pick me! I NEED that dress for my Bailey!(and I am such a faithful blog reader of yours!!!
My favorite comfort food is Banana Pudding because my mom always says it reminds her of her mom. She died when I was 2, but whenever we get our hands on some good old fasioned banana pudding it always sparks a discussion about my dear sweet Grandma. Her name was Vera Grace and Bailey is named after her, so wouldn't that be sweet I won this for her to wear in her great grandma's behalf. Ok so that's my favorite comfort food!
Pick me, K!
BYW, I've missed you over at my blog. You do have the new address, huh?

Katie said...

Favorite comfort food, eh? Well, hands down, it would be McDonald's french fries. Who doesn't love them? They make you feel so much better...no matter what time of day!

Claire Roach said...

What a beautiful dress! I would take good card of it if I won. :) My favorite comfort food is ice cream-any kind! (Ben and Jerry's is a fav, though!)
claireroach81(at)hotmail(dot)com

Sarah said...

It looks really pretty. I just started sewing and have been wanting to figure out how to make these.

My favorite comfort food is warm apple pie b/c it reminds me of my grandma.

Darci said...

I have a 5 month old niece! Comfort Food.. hmm I really try not to have any of those. I would say Nachos because I used to make them with my best friend and then we would talk and talk talk for hours

Jenn said...

mashed potatos and mac and cheese! Don't know why, I think my mom made these alot when I was little!

Love the dress, beautiful!

Jodi said...

I guess I would have to say pizza is my fav comfort food...don't know why, I just LOVE it! This dress is precious - would love to see it on my niece! Thanks

HilLesha O'Nan said...

I love baked potatoes with salsa. It is just a great combination. Yummy! :)

Anonymous said...

And you aren't saving this for your grandbabies? Just beautiful! LOVELY and I'd love to win it and save it for mine!!!!!! Plus Bee could wear it!
I love mac and cheese. YUM. Why? Cuz it's gooey and bad for me.

SAH in Suburbia said...

Stunning! Just love it.

Julie said...

My favorite comfort food is bread. Yum! I'm getting hungry reading the rest of the comments!
Julie
3cookieday[at]gmail[dot]com

Laura said...

I agree with Reformed Grits - I cant believe you dont want to save this for grandkids! It's very pretty. :)

However, if you ARE giving it away, I certainly would love to win!

My favorite comfort food is a pasta caserole I make. It's warm, loaded with carbs (which are filling), and have chipotle chilis in it (for some tangy zest). Its delicious.

Happy carnivaling!
laurachilton {at} hotmail {dot} com

Nicol said...

How wonderful! It looks beautiful and think that it would be perfect for my dd.

Jenny-Lynn said...

Pizza!! Love the dress!

Anonymous said...

Becca! THAT is gorgeous!! I love it and, really, shouldn't it be passed on to another Claire-bear??? ;-) I'm pretty sure Madeleine would pick Olivia...they're pretty tight :) (okay-I'm really trying here!) Hmmm...my favorite comfort food would be chocolate chip cookies..fresh and warm! Okay...can't wait to see who wins!! Ahhh

Anonymous said...

Oh, oh, oh...do I get extra points for spelling Madeleine's name perfectly?

Autumn said...

My favorite comfort food is grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with dill pickles slices. My mom always made us these when it was snowy/rainy and it reminds me of her and my childhood.

Unknown said...

Oh it is so pretty. I have a little granddaughter and another on the way. So pretty. Thanks.

Kristi said...

chocolate has to be my best comfort food. or soup
kristill@hotmail.com

Sandra said...

My favorite comfort food is chocolate...with a nice warm cup of Earl Grey tea. What a beautiful dress.

owatz(AT)telus(DOT)net

Sandra said...

I forgot to tell you why chocolate and tea are my favorites....Well, Chocolate is just a given it is sweet and creamy and scientists say that it affects the pleasure center in your brain and just makes you happy....the tea...well I just love the smell of the bergamot flowers and something about the smell is just so relaxing. Sorry for the double post.
owatz(AT)telus(DOT)net

Andrea @ Momma in Flip Flops2 said...

I LOVE these dresses! My daughter would look so cute in this. Please enter me to win.

Anonymous said...

Love Chicken Noodle Soup with homemade noodles just like my mom used to make for me! great memories of rolling out the roll together!
Thanks for the giveaway! Sign me up! ( :

In Christ,
Mandi

daisy said...

Absolutely gorgeous. And I love the fact that it is remade from a pillowcase. I'm all about reusing and recycling. They used to call me a packrat--now they call me "green" - that's great, cuz my favorite color is green!

But seriously, this is so pretty. Thanks for the chance to win.

noreen said...

fresh baked chocolate chip cookies with a cold glass of milk because my mom used to make these all of the time.

Very beautiful dress

Rebecca said...

My favorite comfort food - ice cream or a french vanilla cappuccino - depending on if I'm in the mood for cold or hot.

Love the dress - this would be perfect for my youngest daughter this summer.

Jules said...

Wow, that is so beautiful!

My fave comfort food...hmmm...I would have to say chocolate. I know it is cliche, but it makes me happy. I love it in any shape or form!!!

Great giveaway!

Laura Delich said...

My favorite comfort food is probably Minnesota Wild Rice Soup with homemade bread--we get some really cold winter days here in MN!

My youngest daughter will be four months old in a few days, and this dress would be perfect for her next year!

delichmail[at]cccinternet[dot]net

Jodie | Velour said...

Wow!! This is beautiful!! Great give!! I can't believe this is the first thing you sewed. I'm very impressed. :)
jydardeau(at)bellsouth(dot)net
Check out my giveaway, too!

Allison said...

Cute dress! My favorite comfort food is vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup. I don't really know why, but it is my favorite!

Shannon said...

My favorite comfort food is pizza...I love pineapples on it!

I'm pg with baby #5...my first girl! I would love love love this!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how cute this is! My mom made pillowcase nightgowns for us growing up. This reminds me of that! I'd be tickled to win your creation!

And my fav comfort food is dark chocolate, plain and simple, straight up!

Thanks! ( meg.wilson@gmail.com )

CanCan said...

Fried Okra! I'm from Alabama too!

Anonymous said...

Oh, it is so cute!!! My baby is my third girl and rarely gets any new clothes. She'd look adorable in this!

NormaRae40 said...

My favorite comfort food is homemade chicken noodle soup. It's not just for sick days at my house. I like to curl up with a bowl of soup in front of the tv when I'm feeling down.

That dress is gorgeous. I love handcrafted items, they are very special.

Melanie Penelope said...

My favorite comfort food, for sure, is chocolate! thanks and please visit mine, too!

Karen said...

Your dress is just adorable and what a clever idea. My baby "P" would look cute as a button in it.

Good Job,
Karen

windycindy said...

Hi, What a gorgeous little dress! It looks very vintage! Please enter me in your drawing. My comfort food is ice cream. Coffee ice cream! Please enter me in your drawing. Thanks,Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Milk Mama said...

Yay! I clicked on your other link and was so sad! I love pillow case dresses. I think they're precious!

I love rice pudding! It's so yummy and warm and sweet--but not too sweet. It's perfect and so easy to make! Everyone has the ingredients: cinnamon, vanilla, milk, eggs, rice. *drool*

Amanda said...

this is absolutely gorgeous...my sweet 8 month old would wear it with pride! my favorite comfort food is peanut m&ms with a diet coke on the side!

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

I have a 15 month old, and a 15 week old! This is a WONDERFUL dress to pass down!

It's lovely!

Kara said...

love, love, love...this is gorgeous! We are adopting a little girl from Africa and wouldn't this be so nice for her? So cute!

Oh boy!!! I would love to win! Pick me, pick me, pick me...

You can reach me at karaportilla@mac.com

AND

Check out my GIVEAWAY at www.bringinghomeava.com

Kimberly Carpenter said...

Such a gorgeous pillowcase! My nice would be perfect in it!

Anonymous said...

Meatloaf and mashed potaoes. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This would look beautiful on my daughter!
threeofakindblog at gmail

Marie said...

How sweet! Handmade items aren't supposed to be perfect and I think it turned out just beautiful. I would love this for my one year old!

Anonymous said...

This is too cute!

May favorite comfort food is anything my mom cooks! And all things bad for me!

wrighttheory@gmail.com

Keryn said...

My favorite comfort food is probably cereal. I ate it ALL the time in college. My email addy is in my blogger profile, in case I win.

PS said...

Mac and Cheese with franks sauce. Weird I know. I think I got it from my pregnant days and never lost it!

frugallm said...

my fave comfort food is mashed potatoes

flip said...

Don't include me. I don't know a little girl young enough for this dress. But I want to tell you that the dress is beautiful. good luck everyone

Anonymous said...

Thanks Becca Mae, we are expecting another little girl to join us in a couple of months :). My comfort food is...shhhh those cheap chinese noodles for $0.25/pack!

jennifer @ quiverfull family . com no spaces :).

We are giving away homemade cloth diaper wipes on our blog at http://www.quiverfullfamily.com/blog for any other moms of littles :).

Unknown said...

I really like the crocheting at the bottom. Thanks for the giveaway

Tarasview said...

ice cream is my comfort food!
I would love to win this! Please enter me.
taradawnrobertson[at]hotmail[dot]com

Unknown said...

Oh it is beautiful! My P3 would look adorable in it.

My best comfort food is either a small little food group called COOKIES or ...COOKIES.:)

If you get a chance, stop by my blog and join in the fun with my giveaway - http://threepsinapod.blogspot.com/2008/04/bloggy-giveaway-time.html#links

Thanks!

Alyson @ 3 P's

Jon and Sarah said...

My comfort food is definitely cold cereal. It can make any bad day better.

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous!!!!! My favorite comfort food is either homemade mac&cheese or mashed potatoes. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that funny...my comfort food is the same as the previous commentor...homemade mac & cheese! Hot, cheesy, slightly salty with a little bit of crunch from crushed Ritz on top - oh yeah! ;-)

The dress is absolutely darling! And, I took a look at the closeups of the pics, that hem is too die for! Good job Mama!

Tamara (AK)
mrshuntinak AT msn DOT com

Unknown said...

How precious! You did a great job! I think my favorite comfort food is tortilla chips with Herdez salsa!

Anonymous said...

that is so adorable! my favorite comofort food is In n out burgers with a neopolitan shake :)

Anonymous said...

I love the dress, my favorite comfort food is Outback cheese fries, I don't know why but they always make me feel better!

Julie Donahue said...

Mac n' cheese---but not the kind in the box. I like it with lots of melted cheese. Not sure why. But I do.

My girl is too big for the dress, but I have a great-niece who would look adorable in it.

The Chatty Housewife said...

Beautiful! My favorite comfort food is a drink- a vanilla or chai latté. Thank you so much for the great giveaway, I would love to be the winner! Nw_wife(at)hotmail(dot)com

Jinxy and Me said...

This is so beautiful! Homemade bread is my comfort food because it is yummy and filling.
Thanks for the giveaway!

GinaE1980 said...

My favorite comfort food biscuits and gravy! I would love this dress for my 6 month old!

Musing Truth said...

this is gorgeous and would fit my daughter perfectly!!! thanks for a great giveaway!!

so many comfort foods...any type of meat and potato, but probably pot roast mashed potatoes gravy and yummy biscuits. oh, and carrots too

Anonymous said...

Hi Becca..so glad you did it again. I thought it was me! I am thrilled that I happened by your shop. Even though I've seen some differant pillowcase dresses, rarely for an infant. The crocheting is amazing,..what a talented lady! My granddaughter, Lily is a newborn. I love all things vintage, and I can't possibly say enough about this delicate work of art! Thank you Sister, for living His Word.

Anonymous said...

Soooo Sorry! Fave comfort food? Godiva Chocolates.

Anonymous said...

that's a darling dress! fav comfort food? hmm chedder mashed potatoes

Sarah
Bloominwild89@yahoo.com

James & Andrea said...

Nachos with Tillamook cheese, sour cream, and salsa.

This is beautiful.

Momof4 said...

My favorite comfort food is usually chocolate (what's more comforting than that?) but if I'm sick, I might crave homemade chicken noodle soup or simple mashed potatoes.

I adore this pillowcase dress. You did an awesome job. I would have liked to have seen a pic of your daughter wearing it. Thanks for the chance to win it!

Teri said...

What an adorable dress and a generous giveaway! My favorite food is probably fresh fruit or crab legs! :)

Unknown said...

My favorite comfort food is starbucks as it always calms me down when things are getting to me