Monday, March 17, 2008

Good Weekend!

It has been a while since I have blogged. Sorry to both of you that read my blog. I'll try not to take so long between blogs. I mean, I know you can't even enjoy your week without the daily going ons of this crazy girl. Anyway, we had all 18 kids this weekend. That makes for a busy, exhausting, crazy and good weekend. Saturday morning was spent at the house digesting the cinnamon french toast Papa Bear makes almost every Saturday. It is sooooooooooo good! Then my hubbie surprised me with an early anniversary present. He bought me 2 months of Nutri-System. Before any women get mad at him for being insensitive and suggesting his beloved needed to lose weight in the first place, this is what I wanted. He was going to buy me a set of golf clubs. (I love these and can't wait to get them soon.) Anyway, back to the Nutri-System(NS), if you come over for dinner I will be fixing dinner for everybody else and I will have my NS. If we decline invitations to go out to eat it isn't because we don't like you it is because that is all I am eating for the next 2 1/2 months. Can't wait for NS to get here so I can get this last 800 pounds off. Just kidding it is more like 40 pounds. After the kids naps we headed out to drive around and get out of the house. We ended up at Edwin Watts golf shop to look. I love the clubs I am going to get. Have I mentioned that yet? Then we decided to take our nice little family to a good and wholesome restaraunt to partake of our evening meal. We went to Hooter's. Of course, we went for the food not the service. I don't know why we went there but we did. We realized it isn't such a good idea to go anywhere Luke can read the walls. He got to watch the tv the whole time. After all that excitement it was time to head back home with any dignity we had left. Sunday was our annual church picnic and Easter egg hunt. I would post pics, but I forgot my camera. Did I mention we had all 18 kids? I'm just glad we all made it to church with all the kids, a picnic and Easter baskets. Thankfully I have friends that took some pics and I will post those soon. Maddie had her first egg hunt and hated it. Parker beat the other boys and found the most eggs. Scott sulked for not being able to get one of Nancy's box lunches. I guess a ham sandwich isn't good enough for our King of the castle. Our picnic was fun. Oh, and I got a sunburn! That topped it all off. Our weekend was wonderful. We love having all our kids home. Hope everyone has a great spring break and a Happy Easter.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh my!
I didn't know you liked golf.
We must talk. ;-)

One day...when my kids are a older I plan to play again.

Andrea said...

Fun stuff...
I like the tangerine clubs!
What color are you wanting?

Jamie said...

Hey I read too! Did I get counted in the two?? :) We need to get together soon before our boys are kindergarteners and we can't do day playdates anymore! I mean, this weather is pretty much made to order lately!

Wait, what am I talking about... when the boys are in school we can get the girls together now! :) Yeah!

Hey, Bry's birthday is soon... and I know one of the boy's birthday is too. We plan to do Bry's party on Sunday April 6th and Bry said he want's 'Caleb and his guys' to come if they can! I have an e-mail invitation I'm sending out tonight, so be on the lookout!

michellegoodner said...

You have to teach me how to video.... I am not in the know. LOVE the blog! It seems like forever since we talked.... lets get together. Love you!!

Shell