I love bloggy fun like
Rocks In My Dryer is doing at her blog. Showing off your fine (or not so fine) china. I have 2 sets of dishes in my house. One for everyday and one for entertaining. I will only show our everyday, which is Mikasa Italian Countryside, because I don't want to go get our entertaining dishes out of the closet.
Kim, I think we must have gotten some of our
plastic china at the same place. I hope they haven't discontinued any of it. I think I need to replace a few pieces!
The finery our kids eat off every day. I would show the bowl, but there isn't one clean and I don't feel like cleaning one. Just imagine a green, blue, yellow, pink or orange bowl.
Here is our everyday set, Mikasa Italian Countryside. I love it because it is white and simple. It goes with anything and I love the detail on the edge. We eat off of this every
day time I cook.
Here is a closer view of the detail.
Just in case you were wondering I took the pictures on my stovetop. I didn't have a smudge-free area on my glasstop table. I decided not to get fine china. I am not a very formal person and hopefully would never have a formal dining room to display the fine stuff. If I have to handwash it you can forget it. Even my pizza stones and skillets go in the dishwasher. (I think I heard all the Pampered Chef ladies gasp) My mother would be so proud ;)- Anyway here is me!
1 comment:
Love it!
I have been wanting to play too, but I don't know if my dishes even have names.
I'll have to look on the back.
Post a Comment