I am Becca. I live in Alabama with my husband Scott and our 4 kids Luke, Caleb, Parker and Madeleine Claire. I love being a mother and wife and staying home with the kids. I love sewing, watching old movies, watching college football, wine, Italian food and road trips. I love our church and our new friends. God has blessed me more than I can ever try to tell. I pray my life is an example of his love and mercy.
Friday, June 27, 2008
She likes me/She likes me not!
I just read this blog post from Lysa at Proverbs 31 Ministries. How many of you out there struggle with this? I am so amazed at how many women responded to her post and still feel like the 13 year old girl picking the leaves off the daisy wondering if they are liked or not. I thought it was just an insecurity issue I was alone in feeling. How is it we still feel like we are in middle school when surrounded by other women? When I walk into a room full of women, whether I know them or not, I convert back into that 13 year old girl. Even as recently as last night when I went out with some friends I kept going over all my conversations and hoping I didn't say anything that made me sound dorky. I hate keeping the cool/dork point tally sheet. I am trying to learn I have value as a daughter of the King. It frustrates me to no end how easily I become insecure and self conscious. Hopefully one day I will be able to look at the daisy without playing the "she likes me/she likes me not" game.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Are you kidding me? I thought I was the only one who was dealing with this! Satan has had a field day with me lately (robbing me of my joy!) I just keep thinking how He (Jesus) was rejected and I'm accepted by Him (and that's enough!)Today I am counting my blessings becuase I have sooooo many! Praying for you too!
I think you are totally cool!(But I'm a dork, so the fact that I think you're great might not count. ;-)
Anyway, I had so much fun last night. And I assure you no one there thought you were a dork AT ALL!
I just love being in the "IN CROWD" (that is the one's IN love with Jesus) Isn't it great!
How funny! You are so not a dork!! I still like to be the 1st one at anything so I do not have to enter a room full of people looking at me! Thanks for celebrating with me!!
I loved that post. I think I am halfway confident in most situations, but then out of nowhere, one of those moments where I feel like the "13 year old girl" dork of all dorks hits. It really stinks!
Had to come back here and comment on this one too :) (I meant to when I first read it) I think relationships and insecurities is one of the main ways that our enemy tries to distract us from the amazing love of our Father...and we really let him have his way a lot! This was a great post..thanks for sharing it. (Also, you're so not a dork.) =)
Okay, I meant to comment as soon as I read this...sorry to take so long. First of all, thanks for riding with me and putting up with my chaos on that night! :) If anyone should be worried...it's me! I totally know how you feel though...we all revert back to that 13 yr old still trying to fit in! Thanks for posting this....I can SO relate!
Post a Comment